Wednesday, October 26, 2005

today

at 7:00 am, woke up to alarm and mewing cat. Made groaning noises at cat and violently slapped alarm clock for about 30 minutes. Prepared for class, taught class, met with two students, copied material for one of these students (who's asked me to direct an honors project), returned work-related emails, did some work for a program I'm heading, ate (finally, at 4:30 or so), did more committee-related stuff, came home (after 8pm), did some reading/planning for class tomorrow, wrote up a paper assignment.

It's 10:44 p.m. now. I'm still not ready for tomorrow's 3 classes. Before 9 am I MUST:
  • finish creating unit syllabus
  • make photocopies
  • finish reading play/ planning my Shakespeare class
  • finish planning 2 other classes
I would like to, but may not have time to:
  • grade response papers so I can hand them back (I'm behind)
  • shower
  • sleep
  • cry
This is utterly insane/impossible. How on earth did this happen? Where did the time go? Clearly I should've let the committee stuff slide for another day... I was just feeling so excited/ energetic about it at the time...

I'm so, so tired.