Sunday, May 21, 2006

growing

My belly is so round and full now I'm not sure how it could possibly get any bigger, but if the baby really does hang out there for these several more weeks, it undoubtably will. While the baby used to sit in closer to my sternum, he leans out now, and while I can't discern which part is which, I can definitely tell where he is in there. Sometime he rests legs or arms under my ribcage. My fingers have swollen-- I cant' get on my wedding ring. My watch used to move easily around, and now it's uncomfortably tight. And yet, all these changes are terribly exciting, too, in spite of the discomfort. They mean that something's happening. There's a baby coming.

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

I used to like it when I could feel the different body parts. You can sort of get to know the baby's personality at that point too.

YelloCello said...

Yay! I'm excited for you. I hope you're taking pictures.