Wednesday, August 23, 2006

restless

D. has been fussy much of the day, poor guy. He's finally sleeping, sweetly. I'm absolutely exhausted, and yet I can't seem to fall asleep myself. What's wrong with me?

Yesterday I took D. out to our first moms/kids group outing at this beautiful park on the ocean. We were late on account of my having to try to get D. calm enough to get into his carseat before leaving the house, then needing to change his diaper in the backseat of the car before leaving (and do requisite soothing). He amazingly slept all the way there, but started crying about 5 minutes after I got him up to the playground meeting place in his buggy. I fed him three times while there, and changed three diapers. It took me an hour to get from the playground back to the car since I had to stop 3 times on the way back-- once to feed him again, twice to change diapers. Then I fed him again in the backseat of the car before we left. And again, thankfully, he slept in the car on the way home... which made all that work worth it.

The moms seem nice. There are about three in particular I'd really love to get to know better. No real connections made yet, though. I need to open up more, and be patient. And I need to get some sleep.

No comments: