Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I'm hiding.

At the start of this semester, and most of last semester, if I'm remembering right, I kept the door of my office open while I was inside. I'm in a suite with a few other young professors. With the door open, I can see and hear them coming and going; I can be aware of students coming by. The past few weeks, though, I've not been feeling very social. I've been hiding in here with the door closed. I'm just so tired, and talking to anyone feels like a great effort. I want to crawl into a warm cave somewhere and hibernate for a while... at least until spring comes. But there are so, so, so many things to do in the next week and a half before spring break:
  • write up and give 2 separate midterm exams
  • finish grading and return 3 sets of papers
  • prepare for and teach the rest of my classes
  • prepare for and teach workshop for high school students this weekend
  • meet with some students I'm taking to a conference
  • prepare for and meet with students I'm hoping to take to England this summer
  • get in touch with my dissertation director
  • check up on this article of mine that was supposed to come out in "Spring 2005" (I've not even seen proofs yet)
  • find, submit and send in some insurance forms
  • eat
  • live
  • breathe
  • sleep?

No comments: