Friday, March 18, 2005

ouch

Woke up this morning with a terrible, terrible headache. Couldn't get myself out of bed until nearly 10am. Managed to get myself dressed and to work, but was totally unable to do anything. So I took some Motrin, closed the blinds in my office, turned the lights off, and lay down on the floor in front of the heater, willing the pain to go away. Much of it has, now (2 hours later!) but it's still there, a bit, threatening me. Moments like this make life itself seem so precarious. I am helpless, completely at the mercy of my own body, which in those moments I seem to have no control over. The pain has exhausted me. I'm tired, still nauseous, I just want to go home, crawl back into bed and fall asleep until it's really gone, until it's let go of me for good (or at least for a while). But I've got to finish writing up a midterm exam to give later this afternoon, & I'd wanted to finish grading their papers, too. Not sure the latter's going to happen. Sorry, kids, I'll have to say to my students. I'm only human. I'd wanted to blog about more interesting things, like this topic on women and arugmentiveness, etc. which many folks listed in my sidebar & elsewhere are taling about... but it seems that's going to have to wait, too.

The good news? Spring break is just hours away now. Thank God.

No comments: