Tuesday, February 08, 2005

home alone

it's nearly 8pm, I am home, alone, with cats. it's quiet, I've been traveling through the blogosphere & I'm feeling calmer and more relaxed that I have in quite a while. I've felt so lonely in this new job at this new place where I have to concentrate so much on maintaining/creating a good image... I've not had a serious and truly honest conversation with anyone aside from p. (my husband) in a long while. Somehow I emerge from my blog-reading feeling as if I've just connected with old friends, though. There's been no conversation at all-- I've just been reading, and yet, I feel strangely understood and intimate with these folk, particularly the womenfolk, many ofwhom seem to be struggling or to have once struggled with the same kinds of self-esteem, life-purpose, family-planning concerns which I myself can't seem to get away from.

To all of them. Thank you.

No comments: