Thursday, February 24, 2005

unspring

It's a grey day, today, and dismal. Right now, through my office window, I can see two gray birds sitting next to each other on a branch. One of them seems to be grooming itself. The other, fatter, faces another direction, and starts self-grooming as well... and then waddles, sideways, next to the other one. They move their heads at each other. They remind me of an old married couple.

The tree in which they sit is huge-- I'm in a 5th floor office, and there's plenty of tree still above them and me. And that tree seems to be aching to burst into bloom-- there are plenty of buds, but right now they look spiky and closed. Springtime's been interrupted, but we keep waiting.

1 comment:

Roonie said...

Are you in upstate NY, too? It seems as if spring will never come. :(